CA Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation
Correctional Supervising Cook with the CA Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation
The Correctional Supervising Cook, CF, either (1) in a small State correctional culinary program, plans, organizes, supervises, and assists with the preparation, cooking, and serving of food to residents and employees; or (2) in a medium sized State correctional culinary program, has charge of a shift and supervises and assists with the preparation, cooking, and serving of food to residents and employees; or (3) in a large correctional culinary program, supervises a large crew in the preparation, cooking, and serving of food to residents and employees; supervises the maintenance of culinary equipment, supplies, and work areas; may instruct, lead, or supervise inmates, youthful offenders, or resident workers; and does other related work.
- Range A: $3,464 – $4,262 – Incumbents who do not meet the criteria for payment in Range C.
- Range C: $3,792 – $4,671 – Applies to incumbents located in the Youth Conservation Camps.
- Range S: $3,570 – $4,392 – Applies to incumbents in positions designated supervisory.
- Range U: $3,908 – $4,813 – Applies to incumbents in positions designated supervisory.
In Addition to Competitive Pay, Individuals are Eligible for Great State Benefits!
- California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) – CalPERS manages employee pensions and offers the Savings Plus Program which provides additional opportunities to save for retirement with 401(k) and 457 Plans.
- Health/Dental/Vision – Coverage is for employees and eligible dependents. The state contributes to health and dental premiums; employee cost depends on which plans are chosen. Additionally, employees can enroll in the state-sponsored Vision Service Plan, which provides an eye exam and one pair of glasses once every calendar year.
- Paid Holidays – Each employee is entitled to receive pay for 11 State holidays observed throughout the year.
- Additionally, one personal holiday credit is earned each fiscal year.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – EAP offers counseling and web based care free of charge to employees and eligible dependents. EAP also provides assistance with the following:
- Emotional Wellness (addiction, depression, anxiety, grief, etc.)
- Workplace Success (career goals, team conflict, management support, etc.)
- Wellness & Balance (work-life balance, stress, relaxation, etc.)
- Work-life Services (tools, resources, child or elder care, etc.) and much more!
Meet with Hiring Managers on March 7th! (Dress for Success)
Thursday, March 7th
9:30am – 1:00pm
Doubletree Convention Center
2233 Ventura Street
Fresno, CA 93721
Back to all jobs...